Thewatercress seedsthey must be roasted first before being consumed. It is very important for people to know that not only the leaves and stems, the health benefits of watercress seeds are amazing too. You will surely be surprised at the amount of benefits you could get from consuming these little leafy vegetables with a botanical name.
The garden cress strong>it is generally known as simply watercress. It is a fast growing edible herb that is closely related to mustard and watercress. Due to its tangy taste, garden cress is very popular as a garnish for pasta or sandwiches. However, raw garden cress can be eaten as sprouts and added to salad and soup because they are basically like small leafy vegetables.
When it comes to size, garden cress is easy to underestimate, but when it comes to health benefits, watercress comes with a pretty long list that could beat even the largest plants. In other words, don’t underestimate the diminuto size of watercress because even its seeds have surprising benefits for human health./ p>
Nutritional values of garden cress strong>
- Those currently on the road to reaching a healthy living goal must have been familiar with watercress because this type of vegetable is packed with some nutritional values such as: Folate, Iron, Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Protein .
- To learn more about its amazing benefits, the list of garden cress seeds health benefits below will tell you more.
1.- Reduces asthma symptoms strong>
2.- Helps to lose weight strong>
3.- Natural solution for constipation
4.- They protect the immune system
5.- Promotes RBC production strong>
6.- Treat anemia
7.- Helps to normalize the menstrual cycle
8.-Recommended for breastfeeding
9.- Excellent memory reinforcement
10.- Natural expectorant
11.- Treat some skin conditions
12.- It can prevent hair loss strong>
13.- Natural way to treat diarrhea
14.- Treat colic in children
15.- Contains anti-cancer properties strong>
16.- Excellent source of powerful antioxidants
17.-Healthy vision strong>
Precautions of consuming garden cress seeds strong>
- As mentioned above, the small size of the garden cress is not something to be taken lightly.
- However, fortunately due to its small size it is almost impossible for people to consume it in large quantities because too much is never good.
- As wellapplies to garden cress seeds and some precautions below can occur when consuming it in large quantity.
- Garden cress seeds are not recommended for those who have problems with their urinary tract because garden cress seeds can make the condition worse due to their diuretic properties.
- Although the garden cress seeds are highly recommended for the mother during lactation, but it is better to avoid the mother during pregnancy, avoiding these delicious green leafy leaves entirely. It is because garden cress seeds contain abortifacient properties that could increase uterine contraction that could lead to abortion.
- Garden cress seeds also contain goitrogenic properties that could impair iodine absorption when consumed in excessive amounts.
- Unlike garden cress leaves and stems which are best eaten fresh and raw, garden cress seeds could easily be stored after they are sun dried or roasted.
- From the list of health benefits of garden cress seeds mentioned above, surely you can’t just throw away garden cress seeds.